- By: outrageousrugs" >outrageousrugs
- Tags: antique rug cleaning, Best Rug and Carpet Cleaners in San Diego, carpet cleaning tips, cleaning rugs, rug cleaning, rug cleaning tips, san diego carpet cleaners, san diego rug cleaners, tips on rug cleaning
- Category: Blog
- 0 comment
Last year, we featured some tips on cleaning rugs without damaging them. We’re confident that the tips that we shared could help you prevent rug wear and tear as you clean them. However, there are certain rug fabrics that require special kinds of cleaning.
Here are some of the best ways to clean rugs according to the type of fabric or material that they are made of:
Wool or Oriental rugs
Alma Berg of ZeroRez Carpet Cleaning wrote a piece last month about this, and here are some of the highlights:
– Use mild soap instead of cleaning chemicals meant for heavy-duty cleaning.
– Immediately after discovering a spill, wipe away the spill and douse with tap water. Dry the wet spot with clean paper towels.
– When vacuuming, use a low-power vacuum cleaner instead of the heavy-duty types or those equipped with a beater bar.
Because this type is much cheaper and more durable than wool rugs, you may use a beater brush hooked up to the vacuum cleaner. For liquid spills, the same quick-response principle applies. Remove discoloration caused by spills by misting with warm water and blotting it out with a paper towel.
If you are unsure about how to clean rugs and carpets, it might be best to send it to a professional rug cleaning service. Check out this article for the best rug and carpet cleaners in San Diego.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.