Rugs serve a wide range of purposes in our homes. It can dry wet spots, dry shoes and slippers from the outside going inside, and others. There are many ways you can keep your rugs clean and fresh. Here are some tips on maintaining the look of your rugs:
1. For low pile rugs, use a vacuum cleaner. It is recommended to simply use the suction to remove dust and debris. Avoid using the vacuum on the fringe at the end as it will only cause wear.
2. For larger rugs that are easy to pick up, the Carpet and Rug Institute recommends shaking the outside first then placing it on a clothesline to beat it.
3. Experts suggest taking the rug to a professional cleaner every 1-2 years. This will help remove the grime that vacuum cleaners cannot remove. While it may be costly on your budget, it will make your rugs look newer for a longer period of time.
4. Place your rugs in different locations on a regular basis. By doing so, you will spread out the wear and maintenance the overall look of your rug.
5. Avoid using carpet shampoos or sprays because they are not designed for wool area rugs. Use hand dishwashing soap for removing the toughest stains instead.
6. To keep your rug smelling nice, sprinkle a mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water to prevent odor from spreading.
Rugs are subjected to wear and tear but with these tips you can keep them clean and tidy.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.