- By: outrageousrugs" >outrageousrugs
- Tags: home styling tips, kitchen rugs, rug styling tips, rugs for the kitchen
- Category: Blog
- 0 comment
A beautiful piece of rug can light up the room and bring a splash of color to a neutral-toned wall and flooring. We usually see rugs as ornaments for the living room and bedroom.
As expected, rugs usually give off a luxurious vibe especially when they complement the whole design and theme of a particular room. Having said this, have you ever thought of putting up an ornate rug in the kitchen?
The kitchen is a place of mess and spillages. It can be a daunting task to scrub the kitchen floor and wax it to retain its gleam. As a workaround for this, some people use rugs to cover up the mess and protect their wooden flooring.
Are rugs in the kitchen a go or no? Here’s a short comparison of some pros and cons in placing rugs in the kitchen.
Go for the Rug
– Rugs can be amazing décors to add texture and color in a space.
– You may find it comfortable to stand and walk around the kitchen if there’s a cozy rug under your feet.
– It is easier to clean the spillages on a rug rather than scrubbing the whole floor to make it shine.
No for the Rug
– When cooking, the kitchen can turn into a giant mess. This would mean that you have to clean your rug often in order to maintain its beauty.
– Some rugs are slippery and can be a hazard. A solution might be to make use of a rug pad.
– Rugs can be expensive because you need to look for the perfect size for your kitchen, and adding an anti-slip underlay may be too costly.
These are just some of advantages and disadvantages when using rugs in the kitchen. As a compromise between the two sides, it might be best to use a small rug under the kitchen table to add color and texture without making it a hazard.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.