- By: outrageousrugs" >outrageousrugs
- Tags: choosing a rug, family friendly rug, rug styling tips
- Category: Blog
- 0 comment
The rug is a very significant piece in a living room because it can be the focal point of any space. It can certainly hide unappealing floors or can greatly embellish otherwise bland surfaces.
In this article, we will share some tips on how to choose the perfect rug that will not only accentuate your living space but also let everyone in your family enjoy your home.
1. Choose the Right Size
Rugs come in different sizes. Make sure that you choose the one that is within the range of the floor to be covered.
Keep this in mind: If you have a small living room, it is advisable to use a round rug. For a bigger living room, it best compliments a rectangular or square rug.
2. Select the Right Material
It’s a challenge to make your home as beautiful when you have small children in your home. Aside from all the clutter from their toys, it is virtually impossible not to see stains on different parts of your home.
- When buying a rug for your living room, use a rug that is made of polyester, nylon or polypropylene. They are stain-resistant and can be easily cleaned. Another plus factor of these materials is that it is less expensive, thereby allowing you to replace it if necessary without worrying about the cost.
- Durability is also a key factor in deciding the kind of rug suitable for your home. With children, you may want to choose a material that is very durable. Examples of these are natural fabrics made up of bamboo or wool, as well as synthetic fabrics made up of polyester or polypropylene. You may also want to check if the rug has been machine-made or hand-knotted.
- Every home reflects the personality of its homeowners. If you are keen on using nature-inspired design, choosing an eco-friendly material for your rug is just the perfect one for you. Wool, being one of the strongest fibers in the planet, helps regulate humidity.
3. Pick the Right Color
Because a rug is potentially the focal point of the living room, you can design your living room in a way that the colors can complement one another.
Choosing the right rug for your home is indeed challenging. However, when you are able to distinguish which one to prioritize – whether to give importance to the design or to focus on what your family likes – you will be confident in choosing the perfect rug that can last for years.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.