- By: outrageousrugs" >outrageousrugs
- Tags: choosing rug size, choosing rugs, rug size
- Category: Blog
- 1 comment
We at Outrageous Rugs are advocates of self-help design tips to give you the best possible options in decorating your home without having to hire a professional interior designer.
Decorating your home with rugs is a very easy and cost-effective way of amping up the style in your humble abode, but the sheer number of rug choices might overwhelm you. Choosing the correct rug size, for instance, can be a painstaking process if you don’t know where to start.
Here are some tips to help you decide on the perfect rug size for your living room, based on this video by TV host and home designer Emily Henderson:
Here is a summary of some of the tips mentioned by Henderson in the video:
- Measure the size of your living room’s seating area.
- Apply consistency. If all four legs of the sofa are on the rug, other sesting furniture must be positioned in the same manner.
- Find the appropriate rug orientation depending on the room and furniture.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.